The Electric Vehicle Forum - Dates Announced
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
The American Lung Association in Illinois, in conjunction with the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Chicago Area Clean Cities and the Illinois EPA, will host a discussion of the opportunities and obstacles surrounding electric vehicles.
When & Where
Each forum is a full day session from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- April 16, 2012 – Governor’s Mansion, 410 E. Jackson St, Springfield, IL
- May 23, 2012 – Moraine Valley Community College, 9000 W. College Parkway, Palos Hills, IL
- June 19, 2012 – Southwestern Illinois College, Belleville, IL
Please join us for a day of discussion and education on the opportunities and obstacles related to the use of electric vehicles in Illinois. Presenters from different areas throughout the industry will be on hand to share their insights and to answer questions from the audience.
Who Should Attend
Who Should Attend
Local governments, businesses, fleet managers, electric service companies, car dealers, car rental companies, vehicle technicians/mechanics, and the general public
- EV 101 – A panel discussion covering everything from basic electric vehicle terminology to perspectives from the automotive manufacturers and utility companies
- Electric Vehicle Charging – Charging options, consumer behaviors, safety considerations, and electric rate options for EV owners
- Incentives – Rebates, tax breaks and other incentives for the purchase of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure
- Local pilot projects – Lessons learned from current electric vehicle projects and from electric vehicle owners
Attendance is free, but limited to the first 60 registrants. Be sure to register for the Electric Vehicle Forum at www.DriveElectricIllinois.org.
To download a flyer for The Electric Vehicle Forum, click here.