Why are we concerned with the best air purifiers under $50?
According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, most Americans spend 90% of their time indoors. In their places of work, schools, homes, gyms, and so forth.
Research also points out indoor air quality’s impact on our health and well-being.
Yet indoor air pollution concentrations continue to increase as our homes become tighter, with less ventilation, more chemicals found in home products, and even shifts in the climate.
There’s not much you can do about the air quality in your place of work, school, or gym, but you can certainly do something about the air quality in your home.
Better yet, you can improve the air quality in your home by adding an air purifier.
To help you do that at a reasonable cost, here is our list of best purifiers under US$50.
Best Purifiers under $50 in 2022
In the under $50 price range, you’ll typically find smaller air purifiers that are best for limited areas, such as bedrooms or offices.
Several in the following list are also travel-friendly if you travel a lot.
Best Overall Purifier Under $50: Levoit Core Mini Air Purifier
Not just an air purifier, the Levoit Core Mini Air Purifier has the addition of three aroma pads.
Packed into a small tabletop unit, this air purifier has three-stage filtration technology, low power usage, and easy maintenance.
This is an excellent choice if you’re looking for something small for your bedroom.
It will keep the air clean and soothe you when adding essential oils to an aroma pad.
- Power supply: 12 V — 1 A
- Power rating: 7 watts
- Fan speeds: 3 speeds. Low, medium, and high
- Area coverage: 178 sq. ft or 17 sq. m
- Noise rating: 25 to 44 dB
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 6.5 x 10.4 inches / 16.4 x 16.4 x 26.4 cm
- Weight: 2.2 lbs / 1.0 kg
- Warranty: 2 years
- At a power rating of 7 watts, you could run the Core Mini for less than $20 per year
- Very small and perfectly safe to set on a tabletop
- A low decibel rating means it’s very quiet
- Low upfront costs
- It’s not much good for anything larger than a small room
- Filter costs eventually add up
This is a perfect choice if you’re looking for something small or something you can travel with to use in hotel rooms.
Best Runner Up Purifier Under $50: Loytio HY1800 High-Efficiency Air Purification System
This small air purifier uses H13 True HEPA filters. Perfect for the bedroom, this sleek model has a low decibel rating of 24 and a 360° air intake.
With its HEPA active carbon filter, airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns are captured 99.97% of the time.
- Power rating: 12 W
- Power supply: Direct current
- Area coverage: 10 to 20 m²
- Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 8.9 inches / 168 × 168 × 228 mm
- Noise rating: ≤30db
- Fan speeds: Three-speed. Low, medium, high
- Small enough to take anywhere
- Sleep mode with a low decibel rating of 24
- Filter change notification
- No warranty
Best Bedroom Air Purifier For Under $50: AROEVE MK06 Air Purifier
Another small, bedroom-size air purifier that uses an H13 True HEPA filter.
Additional aromatherapy pads allow you to add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
With an exceptionally low decibel rating of 20, this air purifier provides low noise operation, meaning it’s perfect for your bedroom, with the fan running at low speed.
At high speeds, this purifier has a high circulation rate capable of refreshing the air 5 times per hour in a room that is 215 sq. ft. or less.
- Area coverage: 215 sq. ft.
- Noise Level: 20dB
- Dimensions: 6.1 x 6.1 x 9.6 inches
- Weight: 3 lb
- 2000-hour filter replacement reminder
- Amazingly quiet
- No mention of the warranty
Advanced, three-stage filter system with a sleek design that fits in any room.
This air purifier features a True HEPA filter with an activated carbon filter.
Additional features include an aromatherapy option and child lock protection.
- Power rating: 12 watts
- Fan speed: 3-speed fan
- Safety features: Child lock function
- Area coverage: 107 sq. ft.
- Decibel rating: 28 dB
- Dimensions: 6.3 x 6.3 x 11.4 inches
- Weight: 3.14 pounds
- A pre-filter to catch larger particles such as pet dander
- Aromatherapy pads
- True HEPA Filter technology
- Filters last 3 to 6 months
- At 28dB, it’s a little louder than some of the other options in this size and price range
- No available information about warranty
Best Office Air Purifier For Under $50: Tvdoei HEPA Air Purifier
This battery-powered air purifier means you can put it wherever you need it.
Using an H10 True HEPA filter, this purifier can be used in an area of 215 sq. ft., a larger area than any other purifier mentioned here.
Use it in a living room or a small bedroom.
Colored indicator lights help you track indoor air quality, and a memory function will retain programmed settings when turned off.
- Power: Battery-powered
- HEPA: True H10
- Fan speed: 3-speed fan with an auto mode
- Timer: 2-, 4-, and 8-hour timer functions
- Coverage area: 215 sq. ft.
- Noise level: 20 to 52 dB
- Dimensions: 11 x 11 x 21 inches
- Weight: 8 pounds
- The light display allows you to continually diagnose air quality
- Excellent choice for families with pets
- Fairly loud at high speeds and
- Much larger than other options in this price range
Best Desktop Air Purifier for Under $50: Levoit Desktop True HEPA Air Purifier
We’re ending where we started with another option from Levoit.
While most Levoit air purifiers use single filters, the LV-H128 uses two 3-in-1 filters—one positioned on each side of the purifier.
This is despite being one of their smallest models.
Like many of the air purifiers at this price point, this model also includes an aromatherapy option.
- Voltage: AC 120V, 60 Hz
- Power rating: 6 watts
- Area coverage: 161 sq. ft. / sq. 15 m
- Dimensions 6.7×6.7×10.4 inches / 17×17×26.5 cm
- Weight 3.3 pounds/1.5 kg
- Noise level 24 to 36 dB
- Dual True HEPA filter
- Aromatherapy option
- Low energy usage
- Not very powerful
- Small, somewhat inefficient carbon filter
- Filters may need to be changed more often than recommended
Best Air Purifiers for under $50: Conclusion
There are many similarities when shopping for an air purifier in this price range.
Most options listed here have true HEPA filters, which will filter out close to 100% of small airborne particles.
Other than that, your choice may come down to design factors, noise levels, or other features.